Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Furniture Re-Do

Okay, friends and family, I need more help! (Do I ask for it too much? I just value my loved ones opinions :)

I know all of you are super creative, especially my sisters-in-law, mommy, and lady friends, so I need some ideas.

When we first moved, I got a dresser and nightstand off of Craigslist for baby's room ($25 dollars for both.... seriously). They were a bit dated and needed some definite cosmetic work, but I saw potential with a little paint and elbow grease.

I took off the (yucky) hardware and removed the chunky and over the top PLASTIC (?) molds from the outside, and have since gone to work filling in the holes and chips, sanding, and priming the smaller nightstand.





If you remember this post, I was hoping to go for a darker green color for them, but I just haven't been able to find a paint color that feels right. Also, the more I realize how much time we will be spending in that room, the more I feel like a brighter and cheerier color scheme will be better. Everything else like bedding and the crib will be pretty neutral, so I want to give these puppies some color :)

At this point, I have been drawn to blues and reds, but I am really open to anything. Also, I am hoping to do both the big and little piece the same color, mostly because I am a cheapo and don't want to go crazy spendy in the paint section.

For blue, I love these:





And reds, these:



At this point, I don't have anything decoration-wise for the room, so I am just gonna let the color of them lead me in whatever direction they will. As you can see in the first picture, our walls are a tan/brown color (maybe a little darker than they look) and can't be painted, so we have to work with that.

Also, can you tell I am the most indecisive person in the world? I realize that these choices are all over the place.

Any ideas? Opinions? Suggestions?

Thank you!


4 comments:

  1. Wow- can I just say good work on the sanding - you really went the extra mile on that! It already looks a million times better. Sorry I am not going to be much help on the color choice because honestly I think any of them will look great and you will be happy with the results. By the way you are only going to need a small quart of paint to paint both pieces - it goes a long way which is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the 2nd color of blue, but I think any choice will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amy! I need your masterful hand helping me with all of this :) I was wondering how much paint I would need; that helps a bunch!

    I've been leaning toward that blue too, Kat. I like the next one, too, but it seems maybe a little more muted than I want. Thanks, pally wal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed so far! I also like the second blue one. Seriously though--NICELY DONE on the sanding and filling etc. They were NOT pretty to start. Impressive. I wish I had more time to do things like that :) goooo Alyssa!!

    ReplyDelete